Monday, September 19, 2011

Finally An Update

I am not even going to get into all the reasons it has taken me so long to update this blog. I thought about dedicating a blog post to it but really, does it matter? I have just not had the time, for various reasons, and now I do. That simple.

So anyway, in the last couple months since my last post I have done some little projects around the house. The sprinkler system in the front yard has been repaired and is now working. Of course then I came across this article about having a drip system for your lawn. Not only is it more water efficient, but you don't have to deal with gardner's (or dogs) breaking sprinkler heads on a regular basis and apparently your grass gets more water then above ground watering gives it.

Also just discovered a "new" plumbing material called PEX. After weeks of research as well as comparing it to the PVC I was going to replace all my old plumbing with, I have decided to get the house replumbed with PEX. I am excited because not only does it take less time, it is guaranteed for 25 years and it takes half the time to install and costs 60%-70% less! Yay! My favorite plumber in the world is coming over tomorrow to fix a couple of quick leaks for me and is going to walk through the house with me so I can get the plumbing done next month.

Mostly I've just been doing a lot of research the last couple of months and making a lot of contacts with people that are, and are going, to be working on my house and the things in it. Also next month I am going to start taking one piece of furniture at a time to get it restored. Well one piece as far as a whole set of the same piece. I have a ton of antique Rattan furniture that just from the dry hot desert and being so old, needs to be repaired and touched up.

The new finish date for the house to be completely done, 100%, is Jan. 1, 2013. I am going to be doing a few other projects around the house tomorrow while Mark is fixing the plumbing so I will make sure that I post some pics as well as a couple more articles!

Quit the Rat Race Today

No comments:

Post a Comment