Friday, February 11, 2011

Attack of the Plumbing

I know it has been a couple of months since I have updated but I have been so busy with my business I have spent more time making money than doing work on the house. That unfortunately is catching up with me. I came downstairs a couple of mornings ago after my shower to discover this:

It is my bar, and it is flooded with all sorts of nasty moldy stuff, stuff being code. I have had this problem in the past, Roto Rooter has come out multiple times to snake the drain, but here is the problem. The drain is not clogged. The problem is that when I had my landscaping done a few years back, the main clean out was knocked down and broken and so now depending on the weather, this drain will randomly back up.

The worst part is that everything backs it up! All the toilets, all the showers, the laundry, the dishwasher. Every bit of water that gets used, is backing up in my bar. So disgusting! It looks like this is going to need to get done this next week. Which means digging up the yard to put the new clean out in. But the nice thing is that for $1000 I not only get a new main clean out put in, they also snake EVERY line in the house to make sure everything is draining properly. Of course according to my landscaping receipt, $600 was supposed to go toward moving the main clean out. Oh well, It is worth it to never have you know what floating in my bar again!

Quit the Rat Race Today

No comments:

Post a Comment